Saturday, August 20, 2016

It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time

Hello Team Members
Well good thing I came a month early to train for my upcoming mountain race because I ended up with a yucky cold that has put a minor damper on training. I have been here a week tomorrow and even with the cold I still managed to get in 3 runs (each between 5-6 miles), 3 hikes (one is tomorrow) and 3 trips to the gym (2 core and one full), albeit easier and slower than "normal". Okay too much info I know.
The real eye opener came yesterday as I hiked the last 7 miles of the race, OMG, I it is beautiful, but challenging. Even though I did this race 17 years ago, I remembered nearly none of it except for the last kilometer downhill. Go figure. Hence the title of this blog, it really did sound good in February. More on the race in my next post.

It is fun to train on different roads, trails, and parks. Below is a photo gallery from my workouts.
Hopefully you are all keeping up with your training. Cheryl

Okay glitch in downloading photos, I will figure it out soon.
Stay tuned.


1 comment:

  1. Sorry to read about your cold. Interesting that Betty has had one too - but even with that last week we climbed Mt. Si to get in a 3000 ft hike without having to go too far. This week we did Poo-Poo Point but through a mistake ended up doing the shorter route - so same elevation but only half the distance we had planned.

    Will look forward to pictures when you get those done.

    jenny, Betty and I have met the last two Tuesdays - and Niki put together a group for last Tuesday but unfortunately we three had already set up to meet at 5 instead of 6 pm as Betty had a 7 pm mtg.

    Good luck on your training.

    Cheers, Susanna

    ReplyDelete